Evaluation of Digital Health Interventions
Course SummaryThis course focuses on evaluating the effectiveness of digital health interventions, including mobile health apps, wearable technology, and telemedicine. Students will learn how to design and conduct evaluations using various methods and tools.
Key Learning Points
- Understand the key concepts and principles of digital health evaluation
- Learn how to design and conduct evaluations using various methods and tools
- Explore case studies of successful digital health interventions
Job Positions & Salaries of people who have taken this course might have
- Digital Health Analyst
- USA: $73,000
- India: ₹7,50,000
- Spain: €30,000
- Digital Health Consultant
- USA: $95,000
- India: ₹12,00,000
- Spain: €45,000
- Digital Health Project Manager
- USA: $110,000
- India: ₹15,00,000
- Spain: €50,000
Related Topics for further study
- Design and conduct evaluations of digital health interventions
- Analyze and interpret evaluation data
- Develop recommendations for improving digital health interventions
Prerequisites or good to have knowledge before taking this course
- Basic understanding of digital health interventions
- Familiarity with research methods and tools
Course Difficulty LevelIntermediate
- Video Lectures
- Digital Health: Creating Technologies for Healthy Living
- Digital Health Literacy
Related Education Paths
Notable People in This Field
- Eric Topol
- John Nosta
This course focuses on data, evaluation methods and the economic evaluation of digital health interventions. This module focuses on key data considerations for digital health including data management, data visualisation and methods for evaluating digital health interventions. The key focus is on experimental and quasi-experimental design approaches that can be applied to evaluating digital health interventions and key considerations for the economic evaluation of digital health interventions.
- Data considerations for Digital Health
- Interrogating Large Healthcare datasets
- Interview with James Scott-Brown: Data Visualisation
- About Imperial College London
- About the digital health team
- How to be successful in this course?
- Grading Policy
- Introductory reading on Evaluating Digital Heath Interventions
- Data and Digital Health - Why is it important?
- Types of data in Digital Health
- Data Requirements and Considerations for Digital Health
- Data Management
- (Video) Visualising big data to tackle antimicrobial resistance
- Infection in Hospitals: Using individual patient movement data
- Big Data and the real world
- (Video) Optional: Are we entering a Post-Antibiotic World?
- Text Mining to Track Outbreaks
- Hans Rosling Data Presentation and Summary of Examples
- Visualisation using Tableau
- Data considerations, uses, and visualisations
- Real world research: A Proof-of-concept study and translational research
- Introduction to the Ebola Contact Tracing Study
- The Ebola Contact Tracing Study
- Process evaluation in Digital Health
- Interview with Ben Glampson: Routinely captured data
- Pre-reading - Digital approaches to contact tracing
- Design, development and implementation of the Ebola Contact Tracing Study
- Follow-up reading
- NHS Data and Translational research
- Appraisal of Digital Health intervention evaluation
- Follow up from previous reading
- Summative Quiz
- Methods for evaluating Digital Health interventions
- Evaluating Digital Health Interventions
- Economic Evaluation in Healthcare
- Health Economics and Digital Health interventions
- Evaluation Methods for Digital Health Interventions
- Monitoring and Evaluating Digital Health Interventions
- Key considerations for Randomised Control Trials
- Adaptive Designs and designing efficient RCTs
- Natural Experiments
- Reviewing the Babylon study
- NICE evidence standard framework
- Optional: Cost Benefit Analysis
- Knowledge on Randomised Control Trials
- Frameworks and Models for Evaluation
- Logic models
- Evaluating an implemented Digital Health intervention
- Interview with Maxine Mackintosh
- Evaluating Complex Interventions
- Robust Trials
- Process and engagement measures
- Designing a statistical analysis plan
- Statistical analysis plan
- Big Data and quasi-experimental design
- Optional: (Podcast) Sepsis Alert Saves Lives
- Digital Health resources for wider reading and careers
- Evaluating a Digital Health intervention
Summary of User ReviewsEvaluation of Digital Health Interventions course is a great way to learn about the latest techniques and technologies for evaluating digital health interventions. It covers a wide range of topics and is taught by experts in the field.
Key Aspect Users Liked About This CourseThe course provides practical applications for evaluating digital health interventions.
Pros from User Reviews
- The course covers a wide range of topics related to digital health interventions.
- The instructors are experts in the field and provide practical insights.
- The course provides real-life applications for evaluating digital health interventions.
- The course is well-structured and easy to follow.
- The course offers valuable resources and materials for self-paced learning.
Cons from User Reviews
- The course can be quite technical and may not be suitable for beginners.
- The course may be too focused on evaluation techniques and not enough on the broader context of digital health interventions.
- Some users have reported technical issues with the online platform.
- The course may not provide enough opportunities for interaction with instructors and other learners.
- The course may be too focused on academic research and not enough on practical implementation.
Recommended for you
Recommended for you
Clinical trials are experiments designed to evaluate new interventions to prevent or treat disease in humans. The interventions evaluated can be drugs, devices (e....
The training is role-based and uses case scenarios. Also, it has additional, optional modules on other topics of interest or relevance....
In your previous course, you learned some medical interventions and skills to keep newborns healthy in the days and weeks after they have been born....
This course focuses on data, evaluation methods and the economic evaluation of digital health interventions. Data considerations for Digital Health Interrogating Large Healthcare datasets...